Saturday, July 29, 2006


The Lone Windmill - A tribute to my dutch grandmother (Beppe) who just passed away at 92.

I want to share loose sketch ideas that focus on atmosphere and color. I have a background in concept art and traditional painting. I helped art direct the last two Star Wars movies and have work featured in a couple of "The Art of" books. I work with a Wacom intus tablet and use Painter 9 software. In my spare time I love sketching and painting out doors.

- Thanks for checking out the sketches, I will try to post one a week if possible or more. - Erik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,

I really enjoy these pieces. Very nice color, contrast, and composition. I often work freehand myself just to test my knowlege of the fundamentals.

Fantastic work on the latest starwars series. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. You inspire me to continue working in the digital realm. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

ERIK all your paintings are great. They remind me of the masters of old - when art was still art.
Ever considered bringing them out in a book?

H.J.